Mutton Recipe – Spicy Mutton Curry Recipe
A well known in North India and as we go by the it is generally served by the side of the road dhabas. It is fiery and is cooked in yogurt. You should definitely try this mutton at home and serve it alongside whole wheat lachha paratha and plate of mixed salad by the side. Here is homemade mutton curry recipe that you must try.
This easy, homemade Indian Mutton Curry will become your go to recipe every time you want to cook with lamb. Tender, succulent pieces of meat are cooked in a spicy gravy that makes it the perfect bowl of comfort food with basmati rice.
Serve Mutton with Rajasthani baati, steamed rice, Rumali roti or whole wheat lachha paratha.
Here is The Easy Mutton Curry Recipe :
- To begin making the Dhaba Mutton Recipe, marinate lamb with yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside for about 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cloves, cardamoms, bay leaves, garlic, ginger and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and saute them till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the marinated lamb and cook it till the lamb is cooked and tender.
- Once it is done, add in the tomatoes and green chillies. Cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, add in the required water and let it cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle garam masala and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Once it is done, switch off the stove and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Dhaba Mutton with Rajasthani baati, steamed rice, Rumali roti or whole wheat lachha paratha.
View this post on Instagram
Home Cooked My MUTTON speciality looks Great Taste’s Great Loving It. Cooked with homemade Spices with over 2 and a half hour of preparation. Dinner Sorted 🥰 Follow @thewickedfoodie for more amazing food pictures and experiences #foodstagram #foodiesofinstagram #food52 #foodie #foody #foodoptimising #foodlover #foodporn #foods #food #foodstyling #foodblogger #foodiegram #foodphotography #foodblog #foodies #foodpic #foodlovers #foodpics #foodoftheday #desifoodie #explore #travel #letstripdesi #clickeatshare #foodblogger #thewickedfoodie
Also Read : Easy Egg Biryani Recipe Step By Step
500 grams Mutton , cut into pieces
5 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
2 Onions , finely chopped
3/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
1 tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
4 Cloves (Laung)
Sunflower Oil , as required
3 Green Chillies , (adjust according to your taste)
1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
3 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
Salt , to taste