Easy Momos Recipe Step By Step
Momos is the popular street food in India which is originally a Tibetan recipe. Momos Recipe Step By Step.
There are many varieties of momos you will discover at the slows down. The verities meaning, it has distinctive sort of stuffing like meat (chicken, sheep), vegetables, paneer, tofu and so on. Today I am sharing the Veg momos recipe.
Discussing vegetables, I have utilized carrot, onion, cabbage and capsicum. You can include mushrooms, green beans, cooked potato, infant corn, bean grows and so forth. I have slashed them finely utilizing blade. To complete it rapidly, use food processor.
The veg stuffing is gentle in taste. So it is ideal to present with any zesty plunging sauce on side.
It is anything but difficult to make at home with the exception of the molding part. Molding them isn’t hard, however it is brief period expending and forming them impeccably requires some training. I have shared hardly any various shapes technique in bit by bit like round creased (potli shape), half moon shape. I find the half moon shape is faster to make. I have also mentioned how to make simple flower bud style wonton shape which is the easiest and get ready in jiffy.
Here I have steam cooked the veg momos which is the traditional cooking method. With steaming method, the stuffing stays moist. But you will find like fried, tandoori versions at stalls or restaurants.
Also Read : Different Types of Momos That You Must Try
Veg Momos Recipe
1) To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat-high heat. Once hot add ginger and garlic.
2) Saute for 30 seconds. Make sure not to burn them.
3) Now add chopped veggies (onion, cabbage, carrot, capsicum).
4) Mix and continue cooking with stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
5) Veggies will start to soften.
6) Now add salt and pepper.
7) Again mix and cook for 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, we do not want them mushy.
8) Now add spring onion greens and mix.
9) Also add soy sauce
10) Stir well to combine and turn off the stove. Let the mixture cool down.
11) Meantime knead the dough for outer covering. Mix all purpose flour and salt in a bowl.
12) Add little water at a time and knead into smooth yet firm dough. Cover it and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
13) Now divide the dough into 20 equal portions and make smooth balls. Take one ball and roll into 4 inch diameter circle. Keep the edges thinner compared to center.
14) Put about a tablespoon of stuffing in the center.
15) To shape the momos, Now lift the one side of edge and start pleating and joining them together as shown in the photo.
16) Then join all of them in the center and seal it. There you have a Potli shaped momo ready.
17) For another shape (half moon pleated shape aka potstickers), Roll one ball to 4 inch diameter circle, put stuffing in the center. For the this shape, we will keep half edge of the circle as such and rest half circle is pleated and joined to first half.
18) As you can see, keep pleating as near as possible and keep joining on other side of the circle.
19) Here it is ready.
20) Similarly shape all of them. If you do not want to spend time in shaping, you can just make half moon shape like gujiya and then combine both edges together. It looks something similar to wontons (aka flower bud or nurse cap shape).
21) Now to steam cook them, add glassful of water in a steamer pan and bring it to a simmer on medium heat. Grease the steamer tray with oil and arrange the shaped momos on it.
22) Steam them for 6-8 minutes. How to check : once cooked, it becomes transparent, shiny and by touch it won’t feel sticky. DO NOT OVERCOOK them otherwise it becomes chewy.
Serve veg momos with spicy momos chutney or red chilli garlic chutney or schezwan sauce as a snack or starter.
For veg momos stuffing:
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , green part only finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Soy sauce
For outer cover:
- 1 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Water.
This is all about How to make momos at home.