Easy Egg Biryani Recipe Step By Step
Egg biryani recipe to make heavenly biryani with eggs. Spicy crispy fried eggs, Fragrant since quite a while ago grained basmati rice and sweet-smelling flavors is a tasty mix makes this Hyderabadi style Dum Egg biryani recipe totally powerful. This is otherwise called Anda biryani.
I could never have thought about the presence of egg dum biryani or anda biryani until I found out about it from a companion from Andhra who cooked this flavorful dum biryani with eggs.
All of you realize the amount I love eggs, however I generally thought of eggs as a trimming on biryani, never as the main ingredient of the dum biryani recipe.
Also Read : Homemade Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
At the point when we are discussing Hyderabadi Biryani, I generally recall Paradise biryani, of Hyderabad which is famous Biryani restaurant.
The forte of Hyderabadi Biryani is it is cooked in dum so that each grain of rice is isolated and masala is completely absorbed.
Hyderabad biryani is likewise progressively natural and is known for the liberal utilization of saffron. Lucknow biryani is a lot lighter on the stomach and look-wise it is a lot lighter in colours.
View this post on Instagram
Had some Stunningly Delicious Food on my south India Tour 😋 #foodporn #cameraeatfirst #foodgasm #foodgasmic #southindianfood #foodstagram #foodiesofinstagram #food52 #foodie #foody #foodoptimising #foodlover #foodporn #foods #food #foodstyling #foodblogger #foodiegram #foodphotography #foodblog #foodies #foodpic #foodlovers #foodpics #foodoftheday
Many a time I have been told by Biryani purists that if you are not using meat with rice, you can not call it Biryani, that should be called Pulao.
Really! So vegetarians cannot eat Biryani. But as I always say What’s in the name the taste matters. Nevertheless, I cook this just the way Dum biryani is cooked.
To make egg dum biryani, I partially cook the boiled eggs with turmeric and spices in a pan. After that make usual biryani masala and layer the partially cooked rice with masala layer and alternate it with spiced boiled eggs.
Also Read : Easy And Delicious Chicken Shawarma Recipe
In Authentic Hyderabadi egg biryani recipe, eggs are just boiled and used. Frying eggs is the method I picked up from Bengali style of cooking. In most of the Bengali boiled egg recipes, the egg is fried in oil before adding to any dish.
Ingredients for Making Egg Biryani
You need all the below mentioned ingredients for making egg biryani. Exact quantities are mentioned in the recipe card below.
Rice: Any Long grain Basmati rice
Eggs: Hard Boiled eggs
Fats: Oil and ghee
Spice Powders: Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, garam masala,
Whole Spices: cumin seeds, star anise, 1 mace flower, cinnamon stick, Cardamom, cloves, Saffron
Vegetables: onion, Tomatoes, Green chilies, Mint leaves, coriander leaves
Dairy: Yogurt/curd, milk
Egg Biryani Recipe
- Boil the eggs and cut them in halves. Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder on the eggs. Rub the spice powders on eggs and keep them aside.
- Wash the rice until water runs out clear. Soak the rice them for 15 minutes. After that drain the water.
- In a pan add rice, water, salt, cinnamon, star anise, mace, and cardamom.
- Cook the basmati rice until rice is cooked partially. It should be done 60%.
- Drain the rice and keep aside.
- In a deep pan add ghee, heat it and add cumin seeds. When the cumin starts to crackle add sliced onions in the pan. Cook the onions until they are golden brown, take them out of pan and keep them aside.
- In the same pan cook marinated egg halves until eggs are slightly crispy on both the sides
- For making Biryani heat ghee in the pan. Add ginger paste, green chilies, and chopped tomatoes.
- After the tomatoes add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, tomato puree, and mix well.
- Cook the tomatoes until they are soft and mushy. Add curd and mix well. And cook for a few more minutes.
- Add coriander leaves mix and Take out half the amount of masala aside.
- Add a layer of partially cooked rice.
- Add a layer of cooked onion. A layer of cooked masala gravy and then spread a layer of partially cooked rice on it.
- In a small bowl mix biryani masala and cooked onion. Then spread it on top of the rice layer.
- Sprinkle saffron soaked in milk all over it and layer the egg halves on top of it.
- Cover and cook the biryani on dum for 15 minutes on the slow heat. After that fluff the rice then serve Egg Biryani.