Chicken Manchurian Recipe – Step By Step
What is Chicken Manchurian ?
Indian Chinese cuisine or Indo-Chinese cuisine or Sino-Indian cuisine and also Chindian cuisine, is a distinct cuisine formed through the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes through a larger offering to also include vegetarian dishes and was developed by the ethnic Chinese community of Kolkata over the course of a century. Here is Easy Chicken Manchurian Recipe.
Chicken Manchurian is a lip smacking Indo Chinese gravy recipe that is an absolute favourite amongst Indians. Manchurians in general are love by all of as this goes very well with any fried rice recipe or with Hakka noodles. Chicken Manchurian is definitely among every Chinese restaurants menu and a hot selling dish on the menu.
Also Read : Homemade Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
View this post on Instagram
On My Table Chicken Manchurian 🐓 Paneer Butter Masala with Naan Garlic Noodles And My Favourite Bira White 😋 Follow 👉🏻@thewickedfoodie #throwback #foodstagram #foodiesofinstagram #food52 #foodie #foody #foodoptimising #foodlover #foodporn #foods #food #foodstyling #foodblogger #foodiegram #foodphotography #foodblog #foodies #foodpic #foodlovers #foodpics #foodoftheday #desifoodie #explore #travel #letstripdesi #clickeatshare #foodblogger #thewickedfoodie
This version of Chicken Manchurian Recipe is a healthier version of Chicken manchurian as the chicken has been pan fried and not deep fried. The Chicken is flavoured with soy sauce, tomato sauce, ginger, green chilli, vinegar giving an authentic taste of chicken manchurian even without having the taste enhancer like ajinomoto commonly used in chinese recipes. Sliced onions and bell peppers gives it a crunchy texture to the gravy making it a lip smacking side dish with any Indo Chinese rice or noodles.
Also Read : Lamb Kofta Easy Recipe – Step By Step
Serve this delicious Chicken Manchurian Recipe along with Hakka Noodles or a Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice.
Recipe – Step By Step
- To begin making Chicken Manchurian Recipe, in a mixing bowl, break an egg, add cornflour, soy sauce, pinch of salt and mix the ingredients well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix until all the pieces are coated with the marinade mixture.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for the manchurian in the egg mixture and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium and add marinated chicken pieces and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Once the chicken is cooked, skim the the chicken to drain excess over and place them over a paper napkin.
- In a mixing bowl add corn flour, soy sauce, red chilli garlic sauce, tomato puree, chilli vinegar and water- mix well until they are all well combined. The sauce for the Chicken Manchurian gravy is ready.
- Now, heat a wok with 1 tablepoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and ginger and saute till they become soft.
- Add in chopped spring onions and saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and green bell peppers and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add green chillies and saute till they are a bit tender and they impart the pungency into the dish.
- Add in the mixed Chicken Manchurian Sauce mixture into the wok and cook until the manchurian gravy thickens.
- Now add the chicken pieces and toss the chicken pieces well till they are well coated by the manchurian gravy.
- Cook further for 5-7 minutes in low heat, stirring in between to help keep the upper layer moist. Check for salt and seasoning. Adjust if required.
- Turn off the heat, and garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Also Read : Easy Spaghetti And Meatballs Recipe
- 300 grams Chicken , chopped to bite size pieces
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil\
- Ingredients for the gravy
- 8 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 inch Ginger , finely grated
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion Greens , chopped
Ingredients for Manchurian Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Red Chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Chilli vinegar
- 1 cup Water
This is The Easy Chicken Manchurian Recipe..