Easy Aloo Chaat Recipe Step By Step
Zesty, prepared – this simple aloo chaat is the most addictive night nibble ever! Crispy potatoes broiled in ghee and afterward hurled in flavors and tamarind chutney will actually make them smack your lips! Here is Easy Aloo Chaat Recipe.
Most loved snack ever! Particularly when I’m longing for something zesty, chatpata and with heaps of flavor.
I like to feel that I’m something of a specialist on chaat and road food. I stand up my nose at awful chaat and I can’t resist. I’ve grown up eating the best stuff, at home and outside. What’s more, I can’t have that taste damaged.
This Delhi style aloo chaat is standard eating on Sunday nights, occasions, celebrations and we’ve kind of idealized the flavors.
View this post on Instagram
Aloo Tikki with Dahi and papdi 😘 #foodstagram #foodiesofinstagram #food52 #foodie #foody #foodoptimising #foodlover #foodporn #foods #food #foodstyling #foodblogger #foodiegram #foodphotography #foodblog #foodies #foodpic #foodlovers #foodpics #foodoftheday #desifood #indianfood #desifoodie
If you visit Delhi markets, you will invariably come across aloo/ potatoes being fried in ghee and then being tossed in spices, chutneys and sprinkled with julienned ginger. My version is similar, but just tweaked to our tastes.
This recipe starts with shallow frying boiled potatoes cut into slices. These are fried in ghee till they are crispy golden brown from both sides. Ghee is key to adding that authentic flavor and giving them the crispy golden edges. If you don’t have ghee or don’t want to use it, a neutral flavored vegetable oil also works.
Also Read : How To Make Bhelpuri – Bhelpuri Recipe
Spices used in Aloo Chaat
The fried potatoes are tossed in a few spices while they are still hot. This helps the spices stick to the potatoes for max flavor. We use roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, chilli powder, mango powder, rock salt and a squirt of lime juice.
Finally, just before serving drizzle this aloo chaat with sweet tamarind chutney, sliced onions, coriander and nylon sev (bhujiya). If you don’t stay in India, it’s worth a trip to an Indian grocery store to get your hands on some of these things.
While this is really my favourite version, you can do so much with it –
- Add boiled chickpeas for aloo chana chaat
- Drizzle seasoned yogurt on top for dahi aloo chaat
- Add some pomegranates for a sweeter crunchier kick
- You can also skip the frying, and follow the recipe for a slightly healthier version
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3–4 tablespoon ghee for shallow frying
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (or paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder/ amchur
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet tamarind chutney
- 1 small onion, sliced
- a few coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup nylon sev (optional)
Also Read : Easy Momos Recipe Step By Step
- Slice the potatoes, or cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heat ghee in a skillet or tawa. Place the potatoes on the skillet (make sure they are not overlapping/ fry them in batches if required) and let them fry on low heat, turning once or twice, till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Transfer the fried potatoes to a bowl and sprinkle all the masalas and salts on top and toss to mix. Add the lemon juice and toss again. Taste to check seasoning and add more chili powder or salt as required.
- Arrange them on a serving platter or large plate and drizzle with tamarind chutney, sliced onions, coriander and nylon sev.
This is The Most Loved Spicy And Chatpata Aloo Chaat Recipe.